About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Two...

Aside from a low-level undercurrent of anxiety over the marathon, this trip has gotten off to a smooth start. I was feeling really good about remembering all my gear and being all prepared until we were at dinner last night and I realized I'd forgotten to pack my marathon confirmation.

That's an important thing.

When we got back to the hotel, I went to the marathon site to look up whether I had to have my confirmation with me or if I could still get my packet without it. It said I could show my identification and get a reprinted confirmation ticket, and that put me at ease.

For about a minute.

I'm registered for the race as Jaye. That's not my legal first name, so it's not the one on my license. So a reprint at the expo might not be possible.

In the end, I ended up getting my sister to find the registration in my desk and have it scanned and emailed to me. I printed it off this morning, so disaster is averted.

We're going to the expo today to get our packets and make sure we're squared away. I don't want to wait until tomorrow and find there's another problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment