About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three...

Somehow the marathon is just three days away. I don't know how it happened. I feel like the last bit of training slipped by while I wasn't paying attention.

Am I ready? I have no idea.

I scaled back the training more than I intended at the end, at first because of the major shift in my work routine and then because my hamstrings got all tight and sore. It took me longer than it should have for me to realize that the hamstring thing was a side effect of not consistently doing the shorter daily workouts but still pushing the long runs. I tried a lot of rest and stretching when what I really needed was to keep moving. I did finally get my ass back to the gym and my hammies feel much better.

I never got to do more than 18 miles, though. My last long run was cut short by a thunderstorm. Not the rain, so much, but the close proximity cloud-to-ground lightning. I didn't figure it was worth it to risk electrocution.

I don't know, though, that I'd feel any less nervous even if the last month of training had gone perfect. There's only one way to know if I'm really ready for this, and that's to just show up and give it my best shot.

Now I just have to keep my nerves in check for the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment