About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Marathon Pre-Training, Week 12

I'm a little late on the weekly recap this time around. 

Stats:
  • 8.20 treadmill miles
  • 3.48 outdoor miles
  • 1.5 hours on the elliptical machine
  • 3 weightlifting sessions
  • 1 pounds lost
Total pre-training stats:
  • 12 weeks
  • 91.40 treadmill miles
  • 39.69 outdoor miles
  • 20 pounds lost (@ 195)
This workout thing has finally become routine.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  But Sunday when I briefly thought about getting this blog entry done (and then didn't), I had to really think to remember what we'd done this week.  And it's not that we didn't work very hard at it this week, it's just that it's the same kind of workouts we do every week and it's finally, FINALLY, become just part of what we do.

I'm calling that a good thing, but maybe it does mean it's time to shake things up, push the intensity on the elliptical machine, try some new cardio workouts, etc.  I have to admit that, although at any given time during a workout I usually feel like I'm working pretty hard, I don't leave the gym with that spent feeling like I used to.  Maybe that just means I've improved my fitness level enough that I recover quickly, which is good.  But it could also mean that I'm getting a little complacent and should push myself a little harder or find something more challenging to do at the gym, especially on cross-training nights.

And on that note, I'm off to the gym for Running Tuesday.  I'm going to run off the irritation I'm feeling at being told I probably have to go to Arkansas all next week for work.  I don't want to go to Arkansas.  The hotel had better have a gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment