About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Marathon Pre-Training, Week 13 (long overdue)

So, I'm in a hotel in Jonesboro, Arkansas, which is basically why I didn't blog about last week's pre-training over the weekend.  Last Tuesday I was asked to go on a week-long business trip to help manage a store down here which I wasn't exactly excited about, mostly because I knew it would seriously cut into my exercise regimen.  Not to mention how traveling tends to totally fuck up a diet.  But it's one of those opportunities that you don't turn down, and my reasons for not wanting to go basically boiled down to not wanting to drive that far, not wanting to screw with my workout and diet, and the fact that it was in Arkansas.  None of those are exactly great reasons, and ultimately there was no way I was going to say no.  So I spent the weekend packing and making arrangements and driving, and not blogging.

But I won't go babbling about this week until I get back. 

Last weeks stats, then:


  • 8.46 treadmill miles
  • 4.5 outdoor miles
  • 1 hours on the elliptical machine
  • 3 weightlifting sessions
  • 1 pounds lost
Total pre-training stats:
  • 13 weeks
  • 99.86 treadmill miles
  • 44.19 outdoor miles
  • 21 pounds lost (@ 194)
The biggest highlight of the week was that Running Tuesday was another resounding success.  Since I've been thinking about how to up the ante on my workout routine, I decided that maybe just running quarter mile intervals was too easy.  So I hit the treadmill with the intent to up it to half mile intervals.  After running the first half mile I was so excited that I'd been able to do it that I reached over and tapped Kourt's shoulder and told her what I'd just done.  And then I realized if I had the ability to talk to her while still running, I could keep going.  So I ran another quarter mile.  Could have gone for a whole mile, but I knew I had to keep going for an hour and didn't want to leave my leg muscles too spent to run more intervals, so I stopped for a rest.  When the hour was up I'd run 2.75 miles out of a total 4.36 miles.  Needless to say, I was pretty pleased with myself.

Otherwise it was a pretty normal workout week.  We met with our trainer, who added a few things to our suspension trainer routine.  We really like working on the suspension trainer, so we told him we didn't want him to get rid of it yet.  He did make us get on the big stair machine -- the one with the actual stairs, like an escalator.  It's not my favorite machine, but it is certainly an effective exercise. 

And now, since I'm very tired and have to be at work at 6am, I'm going to stop blogging and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment