About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weird side effect of training?

One might think that when one undertakes a time-consuming new pursuit, other important tasks might take a back seat.  Oddly enough, though I now spend at least an hour at the gym (usually more) at least 4 if not 5 days per week, I'm actually finding more time and motivation to expend on other things on my to-do list.  Last weekend I had the sudden urge to clean my desk area, turn a lot of important notes scrawled on various scraps of paper into usable digital files, send a package that I'd been meaning to send to a friend for months now, get my eyes examined...  just generally get some of my shit together.  The more time I spend working out, the less time I seem to want to spend dicking around unproductively on the internet.  I haven't played any of my Facebook games since we joined the gym.  In the past week or so I've worked on getting the thin layer of tree sap off my car that's been there for a very long time, disconnected the dryer from its vent and cleared out the wad of damp lint that had been making drying times extremely long, and finally went searching for a screen to put over our shower drain.  Things that have been on my to-do list for months and months are finally getting done, and the things that I've been using to procrastinate just don't seem appealing anymore.  I've started painting my fingernails again, something I haven't done on a regular basis for years.  And the only thing that's changed between the end of 2010 (when I spent most of my time outside of work and sleep glued to my virtual cafe, frontier, and city) and now is that I'm spending a whole lot more time working out.

I hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment